Environmental and Sustainability Policy
At Prolight Design we strive for excellence in every aspect of our organisation, and we are committed to minimising the environmental impact and maximising the sustainability of our business operations and the services and products we provide to our clients. As such we continuously monitor all environmental issues, legislation and regulations, and technological developments, and update our approach accordingly in response.
At Prolight Design we are committed to:
- Conserve and recycle raw materials.
- Minimise our use of Energy and that of the solutions we provide to our Clients.
- Provide sustainable products and services.
- Reduce pollution.
- Adhere to industry best practice environmental management standards.
Our team actively works together to ensure we:
- Develop sustainable products, sustainable production methods, utilise recycled materials to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution, minimise the amount of raw materials in our products and optimise them for recycling at end of life.
- Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Give due consideration to environmental issues and energy performance in the design, refurbishment, location and use of our own buildings and those of our clients.
- Ensure that all working operations comply with current legislation and other relevant environmental requirements.
- Work with class-leading partners to optimise our production and environmental approach, as a result, we are members of the Lighting Industry Association LIA, and Prolight Design work with Lumicom to ensure WEEE Compliance to recycle lamp waste and to work alongside our circular design philosophy to enable the cost-effective recycling of our products at end of life.
As a business we ensure where possible:
- Paper used is made from sustainable sources.
- Encourage all staff to minimise document printing, and support electronic document management.
- We operate recycling of all paper, card, cans and plastic waste.
- We only print when really necessary, and all printers and computer settings are pre-set to black print as default.
- All screens and computers are switched off at night.
- All ink cartridges are recycled.
“Spore” Our most sustainable lighting product:
- The “Spore” Track Spotlight leads the industry in sustainability.
- A 50% reduction in Raw Material compared to it’s predecessor meant that our client was able to significantly reduce the use of Aluminium. Total Aluminium Reduction: 200g per Luminaire.
- By subsequently introducing a minimum of 50% Recycled Aluminium into the production we were able to reduce the use of virgin Aluminium by a further 50%. Virgin Aluminium Reduction: 100g per Luminaire. The Overall Result: 300g Reduction in Virgin Aluminium.
- Our first generation LED development with our supply chain enabled us to improve energy efficiency by 13% whilst retaining High Colour Rendering Index (>95).
- Our second generation LED development enabled a further 22% energy efficiency saving and therefore a combined energy efficiency improvement compared to it’s predecessor of 38%.
- Together with our client, we worked to deliver an energy-saving plan reducing their consumption by 720,000 KWh over 5 Years with a direct reduction in CO2 of over 5000 Metric Tons.
- For more information about our Sustainable Lighting Products and Services please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WEE Recycling Number: WEE/JJ0205VY